The College In Colorado initiative uses a multi-faceted approach to provide career and college access resources and tools to students, parents, educators and partners statewide, all free-of-charge including:
- CollegeInColorado.org - the free, comprehensive Website dedicated to providing students with everything they need to know about career exploration and planning, selecting high school courses, choosing and applying to colleges, obtaining financial aid and getting ready to take the SAT, ACT or GRE tests;
- Train-the-trainer sessions, Webinars and online tutorials - offered to teach educators, parents and others about the Website and other resources available from College In Colorado (continuing education credit may be available);
- Motivational speaker Lance Carl is available to talk with students and parents about the umbrella of success; "Conceive it, Believe it, Achieve it;”
- Informational materials for parents and students are available including brochures, posters, the College Guide and the Pre-Collegiate Directory, as well as extensive instructional lesson plans, activities and materials for educators have been developed;
- Support and information to students and parents at back-to-school nights, parent nights, college fairs and other events, along with assistance to educators working with students. To request College In Colorado at your next event, fill out the Event Request Form;
- College In Colorado Partner Network –more than 2,000 partners and educators statewide participate to implement strategies to improve college access in all 13 regions of the state. The Website built for their use includes a clearinghouse for information, discussion forum and areas to post program and best practices information;
- Public Relations Campaign – designed to draw attention to the Website and other free resources available to students, families, educators and partners to explore careers and plan, apply and pay for college.